If you would like to refresh your face and look younger without going under “the knife” you need to try Morpheus8! This in-office procedure does such an amazing job of removing and lightening imperfections that you will swear it has magic powers!
The Morpheus8 treatment can be used on the face or body but today we are going to concentrate on the face. We will talk about the Morpheus8 procedure, the benefits it provides, and what to expect in the way of morpheus8 recovery time and results!
What Is Morpheus8 For The Face?
Morpheus8 is a minimally-invasive cosmetic treatment for the face that combines the benefits of microneedling and radiofrequency.
The skin on our face is the most exposed to the elements and as we age, our skin begins to go through natural changes. The production of collagen and elastin slows down and lines and wrinkles form, the skin begins to sag, pores can increase in size, and spots of discoloration appear. Morpheus8 is like a magic wand and can lessen the appearance of:
- Saggy skin;
- Enlarged pores;
- Fine lines & wrinkles;
- Sun damage;
- Skin discolorations;
- Under eye puffiness;
- Acne or other types of scars;
- Uneven skin texture.
How Does Morpheus8 Work On The Face?
During the Morpheus8 procedure, the cosmetic surgeon uses a state-of-the-art hand-held device that houses tiny microneedles that deliver radio-frequency energy to the targeted location. The length of the needles and the strength of the radio frequency can be adjusted to fit the area of the face and the degree of correction needed.
Radiofrequency energy is delivered into the layers of the skin and eliminates unwanted fat as well as prompts new collagen growth. The tiny needles that pierce the skin’s surface during microneedling, trigger the body’s natural repair response which also begins to construct new collagen and elastin.
Together, the radiofrequency and the microneedling prompt the reorganization of the skin’s building blocks which delivers firmer, plumper, and smoother-looking skin. Most cosmetic surgeons recommend doing 3 Morpheus8 treatments with at least a month in between to achieve the best results.
All You Need To Know About Morpheus8 Recovery
Morpheus8 has a very short recovery process but delivers long-lasting results! There is very little involved in Morpheus8 aftercare and you will be amazed at the difference the treatment will make. Most patients are shocked when they look at their before and after pictures of Morpheus8 a few months after their procedure.
1. How long does it take to recover from Morpheus8?
Most patients do not experience any downtime after having the Morpheus8 procedure. Normally immediately after the procedure, the patient’s face may appear red or a bit swollen in some spots but nothing that would impede the ability to go about their normal routine. (however, they may get some inquisitive “looks” if out in public the day of treatment) The next morning, there may be some slight swelling and possibly light bruising but nothing a little make-up could not hide.
2. What does your face feel like after Morpheus8?
Immediately after the Morpheus8 treatment, your face may feel a bit hot and tight like you have a moderate sunburn. Rinsing your face with tepid water and applying moisturizer will help alleviate the slight discomfort you may feel. The day after your Morpheus8 treatment, your face may still feel a bit tight but it will not feel warm or sunburnt.
3. How long is your face red after Morpheus8?
For most patients, the redness is only present on the day of the treatment. By the next morning, the redness is gone and their face looks fairly normal. Some patients experience some slight bruising or pin-point scabbing but it usually resolves within a few days.
4. What can you not do after Morpheus8?
There are a few important Morpheus8 aftercare “don’ts” and your cosmetic surgeon will go over these with you during your consultation.
- Do not expose your face to the sun at all for at least 2-weeks. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day on your face. If you need to be outside in the few weeks immediately after your Morpheus8 procedure, wear a hat that generously shades your face;
- Do not use creams or moisturizers that contain Alpha Hydroxy, Beta Hydroxy, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C, or other “acidic” creams for at least a week after your treatment;
- Do not use over-the-counter or prescription medications or supplements that thin the blood such as Motrin, Advil, fish oil, turmeric, etc;
- Do not use ice on your face as it will slow down or may disrupt your healing;
- Avoid any activity that will make you sweat for 24 hours and “germ-laden” environments (like the gym).
5. What are some things I should do to help my Morpheus8 recovery?
- Take care when rinsing, washing, or touching your face, Use gentle motions and clean hands or towels so you do not irritate your skin or introduce bacteria (no harsh scrubs or exfoliating products for at least 2 weeks)
- Continue to moisturize your face with a cream that has been approved by your cosmetic surgeon
- Stay properly hydrated by drinking at least 64 oz of water each day
- Avoid deliberate exposure to the sun
- Go easy on the make-up for the first few days and make sure your applicators are clean and bacteria-free
6. How long does swelling last after Morpheus8?
Many patients do not experience any swelling after a Morpheus8 procedure but for those that do, it is normally minimal and only lasts a few days to a week.
7. When can I wash my face after Morpheus8?
You can gently rinse your face the evening you have the procedure done and then generously apply a moisturizer recommended by the cosmetic surgeon. The day after your procedure you may gently wash your face with a mild cleansing solution and pat dry.
Be careful to keep your hands and pillow case ultra-clean while your face is healing to avoid any risk of infection.
8. Do you peel after Morpheus8?
Unlike after a chemical peel, most patients do not experience profuse peeling after Morpheus8. Some experience some mild peeling or scabbing that sloughs off during the first week but not intense ongoing peeling.
9. Should I ice after Morpheus8?
No, you should avoid ice after having Morpheus8. Swelling is one of the body’s defenses and part of the natural healing process. It is important to allow any swelling occurring after Morpheus8 to run its course or it may impede the skin rejuvenation process and dilute your treatment results.
10. Does Morpheus8 damage skin?
Radiofrequency and Microneedling are both very powerful treatments but when used together and in the hands of an expertly trained cosmetic surgeon they can safely improve the skin on your face and body.
Historically, with older technology, there was the risk of damage to nearby tissue when using radiofrequency energy. The Morpheus8 state-of-the-art equipment is designed to deliver ultimate results without any thermal damage and is safe for all skin types.
11. How fast will I see the results of Morpheus8?
Some results will be noticeable within a few days but patients will see gradual changes in the texture of their skin over the next several months as the “repair process” takes place. The final results will be significant delivering smoother-looking, more evenly textured, and youthful-looking skin.
Morpheus8 is a wonderful alternative for patients who desire to improve their appearance without having surgery. The Morpheus8 recovery is quick, painless, and non-eventful for most patients but the results are amazing.
If you are interested in learning more about Morpheus8, contact SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics and set up a consultation. Dr. Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple-board certified cosmetic surgeon, with SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics is an expert in Morpheus8 treatments and offers them for patients in Atlanta (Buckhead), Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, and the surrounding areas of Georgia.