Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure that does not require surgery but can give your face and complexion a radiance and glow that you have not seen in years. You will be amazed at the improvements even one treatment can make to the way your skin looks and feels.
Data taken from an article published by the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) stated that in the U.S., the average cost of a microdermabrasion treatment is around $167. This report only provided an estimate of the total costs involved and didn’t include other costs that may also be related to the treatment.
If you are thinking about having a microdermabrasion treatment, you may want to know what to expect from the procedure as well as the elements that can influence the cost of microdermabrasion.
Today we are going to get into some detail when it comes to microdermabrasion. We will talk about what to expect from this treatment, the aesthetic issues it can correct, and some other beneficial changes to your skin that justify the cost of microdermabrasion.
How Much Does Microdermabrasion Cost?
Having a good understanding of the elements that can influence the cost of microdermabrasion treatments can help you know the questions to ask when meeting with a potential provider and in making your treatment choices. The credentials and expertise of the provider should be considered along with the quality and safety of the treatment facility, and not only the cost of the microdermabrasion procedure when making your decision.
What Can Influence The Cost Of Microdermabrasion?
- The Provider You Choose
- The credentials and level of expertise attached to the expert who will carry out your procedure can influence the cost. Providers who are highly skilled, have a great deal of experience, and a great reputation may charge higher prices.
- The cost of living and the number of competitors within a specific geographic area can influence prices charged for cosmetic procedures like microdermabrasion. In Metropolitan areas and upper scale neighborhoods, providers the cost of microdermabrasion may be higher than in rural or less affluent regions.
- The Treatment Facility
- The cost of microdermabrasion may also be affected by the place you are receiving your treatments. The costs may be quite different when comparing facilities such as medical spas, a dermatologist’s office, a high-dollar resort or salon, or a cosmetic surgeon.
- The Degree Of Treatment
- The size and condition of the treatment area and the number of sessions you will require to achieve your goals can affect the total cost.
- Specials, Deals, And Packages
- Some practitioners may offer package deals or special discounts on multiple treatments, which can help lower the total cost of your microdermabrasion treatments, giving you more for your money.
- Consult Fees
- Many practitioners charge a fee for an initial meeting to discuss your treatment, which may or may not be included in the cost of your treatment. There may also be extra costs related to your aftercare, skin care products, or any needed follow-up. Make sure to find out all the details when booking your procedure, so you know exactly what to expect and there are no surprises regarding the cost of your microdermabrasion treatment.
How Much Does Microdermabrasion Cost In Atlanta, Georgia?
Depending on the type of treatment desired, the size of the area to be treated, and the other previously outlined considerations, the cost of treatments will vary.
|Cost Per Session
|Cost Of a Package of 3 or 8
|Face and Décolletage
The number of treatments you need to have to get the best results is different for each person and the skin concerns that are being targeted. Normally having a number of treatments with about two or three weeks between each is recommended to achieve the best results. You may need to schedule periodic maintenance treatments to help the results of microdermabrasion last longer.
An Overview Of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is done to exfoliate and renew the skin and is done using a specialized technique that carefully removes dead skin cells from the surface layer of your skin, leaving it much smoother and looking more youthful.
The procedure typically uses a handheld device that emits a stream of fine crystals or a diamond-tipped wand. These tools are passed over the skin, exfoliating the outer layer while simultaneously vacuuming away unwanted debris and dead skin cells. This process helps to enhance the texture and tightness of your skin.
The procedure normally takes between 20 and 30 minutes and will depend on the size of the area being treated. Your cosmetic surgeon will usually recommend a quality moisturizer to apply after your procedure to enhance and maintain your results.
Microdermabrasion can correct many different skin concerns, including:
- Skin tone and texture: in getting rid of the layer of dead skin cells, microdermabrasion helps reveal the brighter and healthier skin below and reflects a more uniform skin tone.
- Telltale signs of aging: exfoliating your skin can stimulate collagen production, which helps to gradually improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Acne issues and scarring: microdermabrasion helps to unclog pores, remove skin cells that are dead, and enhance the look of skin that is prone to acne. It also works to lessen the visibility of some acne scars.
- Pigmentation concerns: by targeting areas of excess pigmentation, such as age spots, the procedure can help fade these darker areas, leaving you with a more evenly toned complexion.
- Sun exposure: microdermabrasion treatments can reverse some of the visible signs of sun exposure.
Are You Ready To Say Goodbye To Dull, Damaged Skin?
Microdermabrasion provides several benefits to your skin, making it the perfect option if you are looking for a quick, safe, and affordable option to rejuvenate your skin.
Some of the beneficial aspects of microdermabrasion include:
- It is able to exfoliate the layer of dead skin cells that is making your complexion look dull and lifeless. Getting rid of these dead cells reveals fresher, healthier-looking, and more radiant skin, enhancing the surface texture, and evening out your complexion.
- The process of exfoliation promotes cell turnover and sets off your body’s healing powers, kicking up the production of collagen in your skin. The increase in collagen production can help lessen the telltale signs of aging, leaving you with a smoother and firmer complexion and looking more refreshed.
- Microdermabrasion helps even out your skin tone and diminishes areas of hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and acne scars. It can also shrink the size of large pores and smooth out areas of rough or uneven texture.
- By removing the dead skin cell layer, microdermabrasion treatments help skincare products and serums penetrate better and deeper into the layers of the skin to maximize their potential, making them more effective.
- Microdermabrasion normally doesn’t require anesthesia or an extensive recovery time. The treatment is normally well tolerated, and most individuals can resume their normal activities right after the procedure.
- The treatments are typically quick, ranging from 20 to 30 minutes each, making them easily accessible and convenient to accommodate even the busiest of schedules.
- The procedure is low-risk and suitable for most skin types and can be precisely tailored to be mindful of your individual skin concerns and sensitivities.
Where Can I Find A Highly Qualified Professional For Microdermabrasion Treatments?
Contact SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics and set up a time to consult with one of our qualified skin care professionals. We can help determine if these treatments would be suitable for your skin and provide you with the results you are looking for.
Our team of highly trained experts can provide guidance on what to expect before and after microdermabrasion, advice about ongoing skincare, as well as help you understand what results you can expect for your specific circumstances.
At SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics, we also offer a premier microdermabrasion treatment called Diamond Glow that delivers amazing benefits and can reveal a brighter, clearer, and younger-looking complexion. Make your booking today and get ready to kiss your dull, lifeless-looking skin goodbye!