Microdermabrasion is a popular cosmetic procedure that offers skin rejuvenation and improves the appearance and texture of your skin.
According to recent information published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of microdermabrasion in the United States is $167. This average cost represents only an estimate of the total price, it does not account for any additional costs associated with the procedure.
If you are considering a microdermabrasion treatment, you will want to have an understanding of the procedure as well as the factors that influence the cost of microdermabrasion.
In this article, we will explore microdermabrasion and provide details regarding what to expect from the procedure, the cosmetic issues it can address, and other benefits that are included in the cost of microdermabrasion.
How Much Does Microdermabrasion Cost?
Understanding the various factors influencing the cost of microdermabrasion treatments can help you make an informed decision when choosing an appropriate provider.
It is important that you consider the qualifications and experience of the provider, as well as the quality and safety of the treatment environment, and not only the cost of the microdermabrasion procedure when making your decision.
Several Factors Can Influence The Cost Of Microdermabrasion
- Treatment Provider
- The qualifications, expertise, and reputation of the professional performing the procedure can impact the cost. Highly skilled and experienced providers may charge higher fees.
- The cost of living and market competition within a particular geographic area can influence the prices of cosmetic treatments such as microdermabrasion. Urban areas and upscale neighborhoods may have higher prices compared to rural or less affluent regions.
- Treatment Setting
- The cost of microdermabrasion can vary depending on the type of facility where the procedure is performed. Prices may differ between medical spas, dermatology clinics, aesthetic centers, resorts, and salons.
- Extent of Treatment
- The size of the treatment area and the number of sessions required for optimal results can affect the overall cost. Additional treatments or specialized techniques, such as combining microdermabrasion with other procedures, may incur extra charges.
- Package Deals and Discounts
- Some providers may offer package deals or discounts for multiple sessions, which can help reduce the overall cost of microdermabrasion treatments.
- Other Considerations
- It is common for providers to charge a consultation fee, which may or may not be applied toward the actual treatment cost. There may also be additional costs related to post-treatment skincare products or any necessary follow-up appointments. Make sure to find out all the details when booking your appointment so you have a full understanding of the cost of your microdermabrasion treatment.
How Much Does Microdermabrasion Cost In Atlanta, Georgia?
Depending on the type of treatment desired and the factors previously outlined, the cost of microdermabrasion can vary.
Microdermabrasion and Diamond Glow Treatment Average Pricing
|Area||Cost Per Session||Cost Of a Package of 3 or 8|
|Face and Décolletage||$150-250|
The number of sessions required for optimal results can vary depending on individual skin concerns and desired outcomes. Typically, a series of treatments spaced a few weeks apart is recommended to achieve the best results. Maintenance treatments may be advised to prolong the benefits of microdermabrasion.
Overview of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that is performed to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin. It involves the use of a specialized device that gently removes the outermost layer of dead skin cells, leaving your skin smoother and looking more youthful.
The procedure typically uses a handheld device that emits a stream of fine crystals or a diamond-tipped wand. These tools are passed over the skin, exfoliating the outer layer while simultaneously suctioning away dead skin cells and debris. This process helps to improve the texture, tone, and overall appearance of the skin.
The procedure generally takes between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on the area being treated, and there is no associated downtime. Your cosmetic surgeon will usually recommend a quality moisturizer to apply after your procedure to enhance and maintain your results.
Microdermabrasion can address a variety of skin concerns, including:
- Dull or uneven skin tone: By removing the top layer of dead skin cells, microdermabrasion can help reveal brighter and more even-toned skin.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: The exfoliation process can stimulate collagen production, which may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles over time.
- Acne and acne scars: Microdermabrasion can help unclog pores, remove dead skin cells, and improve the appearance of acne-prone skin. It may also reduce the visibility of some acne scars.
- Hyperpigmentation: By targeting areas of excess pigmentation, the procedure can help fade dark spots and hyperpigmentation, resulting in a more even complexion.
- Sun damage: Microdermabrasion treatments can reduce the signs of sun damage, such as sunspots and photoaging.
Get Ready To Say Goodbye To Dull Skin With Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion treatments offer a host of benefits for the skin, making them the perfect option for individuals seeking quick, safe, and affordable skin rejuvenation.
Some of the key benefits of microdermabrasion include:
- It effectively exfoliates the outer layer of dead skin cells, helping to reveal a fresher, smoother, and more radiant complexion. Getting rid of the buildup of dead skin cells can improve the texture and overall appearance of the skin;
- The exfoliation process stimulates cell turnover and collagen production in the skin. The increased collagen production can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, promoting a smoother and firmer complexion and a more youthful appearance;
- Microdermabrasion helps even out skin tone and reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and acne scars. It can also minimize the appearance of enlarged pores and smooth out rough or uneven skin texture, leaving the skin looking smoother and more refined;
- By removing the dead skin cell layer, these treatments allow skincare products to penetrate more effectively into the deeper layers of the skin to maximize their benefits and enhance their effectiveness;
- Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure that does not require anesthesia or extensive recovery time. The treatment is generally well tolerated, and most individuals can immediately resume their normal activities following the procedure;
- The treatments are typically quick, ranging from 20 to 30 minutes per session, making them a convenient option for individuals with busy schedules;
- The procedure is generally safe and suitable for most skin types, and it can be customized based on individual skin concerns and sensitivities.
Where Can I Find A Highly Qualified Professional For Microdermabrasion Treatments?
Contact SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics to consult with our qualified skin care professionals to determine if microdermabrasion is suitable for your specific skin concerns and to receive a personalized consultation.
Our highly trained experts can provide guidance on pre- and post-treatment skincare, as well as help you understand the potential benefits and what results you can expect for your unique circumstances.
At SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics, we also offer a premier microdermabrasion treatment called Diamond Glow that offers amazing benefits and can unveil a brighter, smoother, and more youthful-looking complexion. Make your appointment today and get ready to say goodbye to dull skin with microdermabrasion!