Post-Weight Loss Surgery in Atlanta, GA
Now that you have successfully lost a massive amount of weight and are no longer considered obese, you may still feel not quite satisfied with your body. Excess skin and small pockets of fat are new challenges that can appear after losing weight.. Our post-weight loss surgery can help.
At SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics, Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple board-certified cosmetic surgeon, and Christopher Ibikunle, MD, FACS, offer post-weight loss surgery for men and women in Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, and the surrounding areas of Georgia.
What is Post-Weight Loss Surgery?
When you carry a large amount of weight on your body, such as when you are obese, your skin changes and loses elasticity. You also develop more areas of stubborn fat that is difficult to reduce with diet and exercise. Post-weight loss surgery addresses both of these problems.
Very often, weight loss surgery is just the beginning of a journey. In many cases, just one operation is not enough. Anyone who has gone through weight loss surgery needs an active lifestyle and a healthy diet. However, it will not help getting rid of excess skin, wrinkles, and other cosmetic imperfections resulting from rapid weight loss. It doesn’t happen to everyone, but for those patients who need to address such imperfections, post-weight loss surgery is an excellent option.
⇒ Related: Weight Loss Surgery in Atlanta, GA
What Are the Benefits of Post-Weight Loss Surgery?
Post-weight loss surgery removes the excess skin and fat to reveal the contours of your body. This is an effective and reliable way to get your dream shape after losing weight.
What Should I Expect from My Post-Weight Loss Surgery?
The appearance of the skin and distribution of fat vary by patient, so we tailor our post-weight loss surgery procedures to the individual needs of each patient.
You may only have one area of your body that needs cosmetic changes, or you may need changes to several areas. We provide details of what to expect from your post-weight loss surgery during a consultation with your cosmetic surgeon.
What Are the Most Common Post-Weight Loss Surgical Procedures?
Each patient has individual needs.
- In some cases, a patient may need an arm lift to get rid of extra skin in the upper arm area, other patients may not need this procedure because this area was not largely affected by weight loss.
- Some patients have large breasts (even before weight loss surgery), so they may require breast reduction. Similarly, other patients may need a breast lift, sometimes with implants, to achieve the perfect breast size and shape.
- Tummy tucks are very common in women. Lots of women want to get their muscle 6-pack back.
- Some patients may require a back lift because they have excess skin on the back after losing weight. It will bring the butt up as well as the sides of the thighs up; when we remove extra skin on the back, it may also improve the bra line.
- Facial surgery is also popular after weight loss to remove excess skin on the cheeks and chin.
How Long Do the Results Last?
If you continue to maintain the ideal weight with a healthy and active lifestyle and a healthy diet, the results of your post-weight loss surgery can last for many, many years.
Post-weight loss surgery is not only about improving your physical appearance, it’s an absolute necessity for some of our patients. It improves their quality of life, makes it possible to move better, wear better fitting clothing, and improve their self-esteem.
Schedule Your Post-Weight Loss Surgery Consultation Today!
We applaud your success in losing the weight! We are here to help you in the final stages of this important journey with our post-weight loss surgery options. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Angelina Postoev to learn more.
Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple board-certified cosmetic surgeon, and Christopher Ibikunle, MD, FACS, offer post-weight loss surgery to men and women in Atlanta, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, and the surrounding areas of Georgia. To learn more about post-weight loss surgery, contact us to schedule a consultation.