Post-Weight Loss Surgery in Atlanta, GA
Varies TYPE OF PROCEDURE
What is Post-Weight Loss Surgery?
When you carry a large amount of weight on your body, such as when you are obese, your skin changes and loses elasticity. You also develop more areas of stubborn fat that is difficult to reduce with diet and exercise. It addresses both of these problems.
What Are the Benefits of Post-Weight Loss Surgery?Post-weight loss surgery removes the excess skin and fat to reveal the contours of your body. This is an effective and reliable way to get your dream shape after losing weight.
What Should I Expect from My Post-Weight Loss Surgery?The appearance of the skin and distribution of fat vary by patient, so we tailor our post-weight loss surgery procedures to the individual needs of each patient.You may only have one area of your body that needs cosmetic changes, or you may need changes to several areas. We provide details of what to expect from your post-weight loss surgery during a consultation with your cosmetic surgeon.
What Are the Most Common Post-Weight Loss Surgical Procedures?Each patient has individual needs.
- In some cases, a patient may need an arm lift to get rid of extra skin in the upper arm area, other patients may not need this procedure because this area was not largely affected by weight loss.
- Some patients have large breasts (even before weight loss surgery), so they may require breast reduction. Similarly, other patients may need a breast lift, sometimes with implants, to achieve the perfect breast size and shape.
- Tummy tucks are very common in women. Lots of women want to get their muscle 6-pack back.
- Some patients may require a back lift because they have excess skin on the back after losing weight. It will bring the butt up as well as the sides of the thighs up; when we remove extra skin on the back, it may also improve the bra line.
- Facial surgery is also popular after weight loss to remove excess skin on the cheeks and chin.