Fat Transfer® in Atlanta, GA
Varies TYPE OF PROCEDURE
Minimally Invasive Procedure WHERE
What is Fat Transfer®?
It is hard to believe but your fat has some aesthetic value. Fat Transfer is a surgical treatment that is designed to relocate unwanted fat tissue from a certain area of the body to an area that requires resculpturing. It’s also recognized as fat injection, fat grafting, or lipomodelling. Fat transfer involves liposuction and injection of fat from a place of the body that is typically resistant to diet and exercise to another place that you want to add volume to.Adding subtle volume under the skin gives your face and body natural and soft contours. This can be achieved with dermal fillers, implants, and other options, but some men and women prefer a more natural solution, such as fat transfer.
Areas that can be treated with Fat Transfer®:
Enhance natural contours, add fullness to lips and cheeks, soften wrinkles, and fill in small pits in the skin.
Rejuvenate aged hands to soften wrinkles and make veins less visible.
Refine results from breast procedures and correct abnormalities.
To learn more about the treatments that are right for you, contact us to schedule a personal consultation.
What Are the Benefits of Fat Transfer®?Fat transfer is a great option for a patient who doesn’t want to have implant surgery or has a prosthetic device. Fat transfer is safe, long-lasting, and offers a natural-looking result to patients. To summarize, fat transfer benefits are:
- Relies only on your own natural fat;
- Minimally invasive;
- No implants or dermal fillers required;
- Can be performed as a standalone treatment or in conjunction with other procedures.
What Should I Expect from My Fat Transfer® Treatments?Fat transfer is a procedure that uses a patient’s fat to fill in specific target areas of the body. It is a three-step procedure that takes two to four hours, depending on the size of the area to be treated.
- You will receive the necessary type of anesthesia (local to general) depending on the number of areas and the amount of fat to be transferred.
- The fat is gently removed from the harvest areas through small incisions and washed in a centrifuge, and then moved to a microsyringe.
- The surgeon gently inserts the extracted fat back into the desired areas of the natural tissue; contours it using compression, bandaging, or other positioning techniques for a more aesthetically-pleasing silhouette.
How Long Do the Results Last?The result of fat transfer treatment is permanent. Typically, it is true for fat cells transferred during treatments. However, not all of the fat cells will survive, the result is only considered permanent after 6+ months.
Side Effects of Fat Transfer®Generally, fat transfer is a very safe procedure. However, the occasional side effects of fat transfer might include:
- Small scars