Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Atlanta, GA
Gastric sleeve surgery is considered one of the more appropriate types of gastric bypass surgeries in many cases due to its unique benefits to patients. At SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics, Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple board-certified plastic surgeon, and Christopher Ibikunle, MD, FACS, offer gastric sleeve surgery for men and women in Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, and the surrounding areas of Georgia.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery is a procedure that removes most of your stomach, leaving approximately 25% intact. The procedure offers many benefits compared to gastric bypass surgery and lap band surgery.
What Are the Benefits of Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
The noted benefits of gastric sleeve surgery are:
- May reduce hunger
- Reduced surgery times
- Fewer cases of “dumping syndrome”
- Does not require changes to the intestines
- Patients may lose weight in as little as 18 months
- Does not require adjustments
- Requires no synthetic objects inside the body
What Should I Expect from My Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
We perform endoscopic and laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery.
- Endoscopic gastric sleeve surgery is one of the more recent developments in gastric sleeve procedures. Rather than removing a portion of the stomach, sutures are used to make the stomach smaller by approximately 70% to 80%.
- Laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery is the more traditional technique in which approximately 85% of the stomach is removed.
How Long Do the Results Last?
The results of an endoscopic gastric sleeve surgery may last up to 24 months. For patients who have laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery, the results can last a lifetime by following a healthy lifestyle.
Schedule Your Gastric Sleeve Surgery Consultation Today
If you are considering gastric sleeve surgery, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Angelina or Dr. Chris.
SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics proudly offers financing options for our patients.
Gastric sleeve surgery has many benefits compared to gastric bypass surgery and lap band surgery. Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple board-certified plastic surgeon , and Christopher Ibikunle, MD, FACS, offer gastric sleeve surgery for men and women in Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, and the surrounding areas of Georgia. To learn more about gastric sleeve surgery, contact us to schedule a consultation.