Hourglass Mommy Makeover
Although having a child and all that goes with it can be the most amazing experience, pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can take a large aesthetic toll on a woman’s body and leave her feeling unhappy with the way she looks. Stretched loose abdominal skin, sagging breasts, and fat deposits in undesirable places can be the aftermath of pregnancy.
You are now a mom, but you are still a woman who deserves to feel good about herself. Guess what? You can feel better about yourself than you ever have! There is a cosmetic surgery procedure called an hourglass mommy makeover that can help reverse these changes and restore or possibly, enhance your pre-pregnancy figure.
What is An Hourglass Mommy Makeover?
During an hourglass mommy makeover, the surgeon can reshape your body into a sculpted hourglass shape and reverse the aesthetic damage done during pregnancy. The hourglass mommy makeover combines several cosmetic surgery procedures that target trouble spots and revive or enhance them.
Typically, an hourglass mommy makeover will flatten the abdomen, eliminate unwanted fat deposits, enhance the breasts, and accentuate the buttocks to create a more youthful, smooth, and curvy figure.
The treatments that are usually performed as a part of an hourglass mommy makeover include:
- Liposuction: During pregnancy, it is easy to put on extra weight in places that seem to not ever want to let it go. Post-pregnancy weight loss does not affect these places and they are hard to target with diet and exercise. Liposuction can strategically target and restore the nice, even texture of the back, arms, hips, abdomen, and thighs. After liposuction, a non-surgical procedure like Bodytite can help firm and tone the skin.
- Tummy tuck: It is no secret to anyone that a woman’s belly stretches out to accommodate the growing baby while she is pregnant, which can leave the abdominal skin loose, saggy, and stretched out. The abdominal muscle wall may have also separated and the skin marred with stretch marks.This is especially true if there has been more than one pregnancy. A tummy tuck can restore the abdomen muscles and flatten/firm the abdominal skin. There are also non-surgical skin treatments like microneedling that can lighten and diminish resulting stretch marks.
- Breast enhancement: Pregnancy and breastfeeding can do a number on what once were nice, perky breasts. They may become saggy or “deflated”, or perhaps they have changed sizes, or may now be noticeably different sizes. A mommy hourglass makeover may include a breast augmentation to lift, reduce or perk up your breasts. Depending on the circumstances, a breast reduction or implants may be done.
- Brazilian butt lift: Also known as a BBL, Brazilian butt lift surgery can enhance the contour of your backside, using transferred fat, and creating curves in all the right places.
How Does A Traditional Mommy Makeover Compare to the Hourglass Mommy Makeover?
The focus and techniques used for an hourglass mommy makeover are different from that of the standard mommy makeover in a couple of different ways. During your consultation with the cosmetic surgeon, communicate what personal aesthetic results you are looking for.
The surgeon will recommend the appropriate procedures to achieve your desired result using the information you provided as well as through examining your anatomy. Some key differences between a traditional mommy makeover and the hourglass mommy makeover are:
- Surgical Objective: In a standard mommy makeover, the primary goal is to reverse perceived aesthetic damage caused by pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. A traditional tummy tuck is normally used to bring back a pre-pregnancy appearance by removing surplus skin and fat from the abdomen.The hourglass mommy makeover creates a contoured, shapely appearance through some aspects of a traditional tummy tuck combined with liposuction to eliminate unwanted fat deposits from the sides, flanks, abdomen, and upper back. This contours and slims the waist, and the fat removed is then transferred to the butt and hips to add nice curves. The hourglass mommy makeover concentrates more on creating the coveted hourglass shape by defining the breasts, abdomen, and buttocks.
- Level of Invasiveness: The procedures and techniques used to obtain the hourglass figure in the hourglass mommy makeover are less invasive compared to performing a full traditional mommy makeover. The surgeon focuses on creating a desirable hip-to-waist ratio using less invasive liposuction to remove excess fat from targeted locations, and fat transfer techniques to enhance the buttocks (BBL).
- Technical vs. Artistic Mastery: The hourglass mommy makeover surgery requires a bit of artistic mastery and therefore, is a bit more difficult to perform. It takes a specialized and highly-skilled cosmetic surgeon with a sense of balance, proportion, and aesthetics to create a stunning, yet natural-looking hourglass figure.A standard mommy makeover is more of a straightforward technical procedure and does not require as much artistry.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Hourglass Mommy Makeover Surgery?
A woman, who after one or more pregnancies, is self-conscious or unhappy with the appearance of stubborn fat deposits, loose skin, and uneven areas of her body is a good candidate for a mommy makeover.
If she wants a curvy, hourglass figure, she is the perfect candidate for the hourglass mommy makeover.
The ideal candidate for this procedure:
- Is over 18 years old and in good overall health.
- Has stubborn fat deposits, loose skin, sagging breasts, or other aesthetic damage due to one or more pregnancies.
- Would like to eliminate post-pregnancy damage and obtain an hourglass figure.
- Is willing to follow dietary and exercise lifestyle changes after surgery to maintain results.
- Has a positive emotional outlook and realistic expectations.
You May not Be a Suitable Candidate for an Hourglass Mommy Makeover Surgery if:
- If you have health issues or an autoimmune disorder that would affect your ability to have surgery.
- If your weight is fluctuating or you gained a lot of excess weight during pregnancy.
- If you plan to become pregnant again.
- If you plan to have weight loss surgery or follow a weight loss program.
- If you have recently given birth or are still breastfeeding.
- If you are not able to refrain from smoking for a specified period of time before and after surgery.
Video: “Mommy Makeover: Atlanta’s Top Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr. Angelina Postoev”
How Much Does an Hourglass Mommy Makeover Cost?
An hourglass mommy makeover is not a “one size fits all” procedure and is custom-tailored to suit each individual patient. To achieve the desired result, a combination of techniques are used, and costs associated will vary depending on which techniques are used and how they are performed.
To ensure you have a full understanding of the procedure, and to be better prepared, ask these questions:
- Does the price quoted for the makeover include anesthesia and operating room charges?
- Are there pre-op and post-op fees like consultation fees, check-up appointment fees, medical test fees, costs for prescriptions, and compression garments?
- Does the price quoted include follow-up appointments?
Knowing what to expect will help you budget accordingly and avoid any unpleasant surprises. SurgiCare Arts offers financing to assist you with making your hourglass figure dream into a reality.
Hourglass mommy makeover surgery is an effective way to obtain a more sculpted and contoured body shape but it is not a weight loss surgery. It also is not intended to improve areas like the neck, facial features, or other areas that are not a part of the hourglass mommy makeover treatment plan.
It may be possible to undergo additional procedures during the same surgery to address other areas. A consultation with your surgeon will provide all the answers you need to make an informed decision about what is best for you.
If you are interested in learning more about an hourglass mommy makeover, call SurgiCare Arts today and set up a one-on-one consultation.
Dr. Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple board-certified cosmetic surgeon, and Dr. Christopher Ibikunle, MD, FACS, offer mommy makeovers for women in Atlanta, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Buckhead, and the surrounding areas of Atlanta, Georgia.