Women have understood the benefits of facial treatments for years and have come to think of them less as a “spa-type treatment” or an “extravagance” and consider them more like necessary maintenance for the health of their skin. These days, more men are beginning to realize that these anti-aging, skin smoothing, scar reducing, youth-restoring facial treatments are something they need to experience. Today, we are talking about the top 5 facials for men.
Why Should Men Get Facial Treatments?
Just like women, men’s faces are exposed to pollution, dirt, dust, harmful UV rays, and more. And not to throw shade, but most men are just not as careful about their skincare routines as women tend to be.
Most cosmetic foundations and BB creams available now contain sunscreen, which adds a small layer of protection for those who wear it. But let’s be real, how many men wear cosmetic foundations? Men also tend to have oiler skin than women due to the higher levels of testosterone. So in general, a man’s face may suffer more sun exposure and general neglect.
Facial treatments can enhance and improve the look of the skin but some can also help reverse damage. Facial treatments for men can:
- Prevent premature aging;
- Reverse some visible signs of aging, i.e. fine lines & wrinkles;
- Increase blood circulation for healthier skin;
- Help prevent acne breakouts;
- Diminish or remove scars left from acne;
- Reverse sun damage;
- Help smooth skin and even out skin tone;
- Help put your “best face forward” and increase your self-confidence.
What Are the Best Facials for Men?
There are different types of facials for men targeted to address certain skin conditions. Some treatments are multi-faceted and address several different issues at the same time.
1. Morpheus8 – radiofrequency energy is used to smooth skin, reduce pore size, significantly reduce acne scarring, eliminate many signs of aging, and provide a healthy, more youthful appearance.
2. AquaGold is a microneedling treatment using tiny micro-needles to strategically introduce serums into the skin. The serum that is injected into the skin can be customized depending on the types of concerns the patient would like to address. The combination of microneedling and serum use results in tighter skin, reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, diminishes scars, age spots, and sun damage.
3. Chemical Peels – the chemical peels used at SurgiCare Arts are solutions comprised of glycolic and salicylic acids that address a number of common skin issues. Chemical peels exfoliate and remove the top layers of facial skin eliminating damaged skin and replacing it with healthy, new skin underneath. Peels are beneficial for lightening age spots or skin discolored by acne, treating acne, and reducing the appearance of acne scars, improving the texture of the skin, pore size, and providing a healthy glow.
4. Diamond Glow Facial is a microdermabrasion procedure that resurfaces the skin combining exfoliation and extraction followed by the infusion of custom mixed serums to address specific skin issues and improve the skin’s appearance and health. It addresses scarring from acne, clogged pores, hyperpigmentation, dry patches, dull skin, and fine lines & wrinkles.
5. Microdermabrasion resurfaces the skin without chemicals by removing the top layer of dull, dry skin cells and revealing smoother, brighter, younger-looking skin. This treatment evens out skin tone by promoting the production of new skin cells that contain more collagen and elastin. Custom mixed serums can address anti-aging or hyperpigmentation through absorption into the skin through the microdermabrasion-created channels. Microdermabrasion helps treat acne and residual scarring, clears up blackheads, fades age spots, reduces pore size and the visible signs of aging.
So men, if you have never had a facial treatment before, you should consider adding at least a few to your schedule each year. You will be pleased (and possibly, surprised) with the results and the changes in your skin.
Video: Cosmetic Procedures for Men at SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics
To learn more about the different facial treatments for men and choose the best treatment to target your areas of concern, a quick consultation with SurgiCare Arts would be the first step! Contact us today to schedule a personal consultation.
At Surgicare Arts, Dr. Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple-board certified cosmetic surgeon, and Christopher Ibikunle, MD, FACS, offer facials for men in Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Buckhead, and the surrounding areas of Atlanta, Georgia.