Our faces take the brunt of exposure to the sun, pollutants, and other elements that can cause skin damage. Routine facial treatments can help maintain the health of our skin, similar to routine dental cleanings.
Chemical peel facials are cosmetic treatments that can improve the appearance and texture of the skin. A chemical peel is a solution that is applied to the skin to exfoliate and remove the top layer of dead skin cells. This process reveals new, healthy skin and can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation.
Today we are going to explain a bit about what types of chemical peels are available, their benefits, and how much chemical peels cost.
What Types Of Chemical Peels For The Face Are There?
Chemical peels are available in various strengths, ranging from mild to deep. The strength of the peel is determined by the type and concentration of the acid used in the solution. Common acids used in chemical peels include alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), and trichloroacetic acid (TCA). The price of a chemical peel will often be influenced by the type of acid used.
Types Of Facial Chemical Peel Acids
AHAs are mild acids derived from sugar cane, grapes, apples, pears, citrus fruits, milk, or bitter almonds. They are often used in superficial peels because they are effective in treating fine lines, dry skin, and uneven skin tone, and restoring hydration.
BHAs are commonly used for oily and acne-prone skin, are derived from trees or citrus, and can penetrate deeper into the pores to remove excess oil and unclog pores while providing anti-inflammatory properties.
TCA is a stronger acid derived from vinegar and can be used for deeper peels to treat more severe skin issues. TCA breaks down keratin, which is a naturally occurring protein in our skin, prompting the skin to peel away. This type of peel can be customized in strengths that range from 15% to 70% and can also be applied in numerous layers depending on the results desired. TCA peels usually penetrate deeper than other types of facial chemical peels.
What Can Influence The Price Of A Chemical Peel?
There are a number of variables that can affect how much you should expect to pay for a chemical peel, such as:
- The Expertise Of The Provider: The skill and reputation of the provider performing the service can influence the cost of a chemical peel, with more experienced providers charging higher fees.
- The Type Of Peel Used: Different types of chemical peels have different ingredients, strengths, and levels of intensity, which can impact how much a chemical peel costs.
- Geographical Location: The degree of market competition and the cost of living in the area affect the price of a chemical peel.
- Reputation Of Venue: Sometimes the reputation and level of luxury of the clinic or spa where the peel is performed can affect the price.
- The Number of Treatments/Specials: Some chemical peels require multiple treatments to achieve desired results, which can increase the overall cost. However, some providers will offer package deals that include several treatments and offer discounts.
- Additional Treatments Or Products: If you need additional treatments, such as pre- or post-peel skincare, it can increase the overall cost of a chemical peel.
How Much Is A Chemical Peel?
As outlined above, there are many elements that can affect the cost of a chemical peel. According to recent statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average price of a chemical peel in the United States is $519.
It’s important to keep in mind that while cost is certainly a factor, the most important consideration should be the skill and experience of the provider. A skilled cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Angelina Postoev, with SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics, can ensure the chemical peel that is chosen for you will be safe and will yield the desired result.
Where Can I Get A Chemical Peel In Atlanta, Georgia?
Chemical peel facials cost less than many other cosmetic treatments and are safe and effective, making them a popular option for improving the appearance and texture of the skin.
At SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics, we offer a wide variety of non-surgical treatments that can rejuvenate your skin and give you a younger-looking, healthy glow. Our “Perfect Derma Peel” facial treatment can be purchased separately for $325 or in a package of three treatments for $850 for optimal results.
We also offer other non-invasive treatments, such as Morpheus8 that can not only refresh the surface of your skin but also remodel the layers underneath to reduce the signs of aging while promoting new collagen and elastin growth. We invite you to schedule a consultation today to learn more about the options available to help you put your best face forward.