A thigh lift can help individuals by removing loose excess skin that remains after losing a significant amount of weight through bariatric surgery or saggy skin as a result of the natural aging process. Today we will go over several factors that can influence thighplasty costs. To better understand the costs associated with a thigh lift let’s become more acquainted with the different thigh lift options, etc.
How Much Does A Thigh Lift Cost?
According to the data published every year by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average base price of thigh lift surgery for 2020 was $5,355. This is the base price and does not include:
- Fees for anesthesia and the anesthesiologist;
- Hospital operating room/surgical center fees;
- Surgeon’s fee;
- Pre-surgical testing;
- Compression garments;
- Miscellaneous surgical expenses.
Other factors that may influence the price of thigh lift surgery are the demand and expertise of the surgeon and their geographical location. The average cost for thigh lift surgery around the Nation ranges from $6,500-$16,000. Make sure you know and understand the scope of your financial obligation before surgery so there are no unpleasant surprises.
At IBI SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics thigh lifts start at $10,150. For more information, check out our price calculator for thigh lift surgery.
Does Insurance Cover Thigh Lift Surgery?
We have many patients ask “Does insurance cover thigh lift surgery?” The short answer is maybe in certain cases.
A thigh lift is usually classified as cosmetic surgery and therefore is not generally covered by a patient’s health insurance plan. There are some instances where the issues caused by excess skin go far beyond aesthetics and can inhibit an individual’s ability to walk, and exercise or can even restrict their daily activities.
In some cases, excess skin can cause chaffing or rashes. If there is a medical reason that can be validated, an insurance carrier may accept the claim. During your consultation with Dr. Angelina, you can ask about insurance and financing options available for thigh lift patients.
What Is a Thigh Lift?
Thigh lift surgery also called thighplasty, is an invasive procedure that eliminates excess fat and loose saggy skin from the thighs. This surgical procedure helps recontour, shape and smooth the thighs after losing a significant amount of weight or because they are experiencing some sagging skin due to aging.
There are a few different types of thigh lifts and the surgeon can consult with you on which will alleviate your issues and result in your aesthetic goal.
What Are the Different Types of Thigh Lifts?
- Medial Thigh Lift – loose skin and fat are removed from the inner thighs extending down toward the knee. Usually, a vertical incision is made from the inside thigh to the knee. This is the type of lift that is usually done for patients who have lost a considerable amount of weight.
- Crescent Thigh Lift – if the excess skin or fat is located in the inner thigh (where the thighs touch) the surgeon can perform a crescent thigh lift to correct this. The surgeon removes fat and excess skin in a crescent-like shape from the inside area where the thigh meets the groin. The scars from a crescent thigh lift are usually well hidden in the crease.
- Lateral Thigh Lift – a lateral thigh lift is sometimes done with other body lifting procedures such as a tummy tuck or a butt lift. The outer thigh lift is the most complicated of the thigh lift surgeries due to the weight of the skin in this area. This lift requires a highly-skilled surgeon that has extensive expertise in performing lateral thigh lifts to mitigate post-surgical complications.
- Spiral Thigh Lift – the spiral thigh lift is often called a 360-degree lift and can be used for a patient who formerly was severely obese and has a large amount of loose skin in many areas. The fat and loose skin located on the inner thighs, knees, outer thighs, and calves can be addressed during this lift. The spiral thigh lifts are the most involved of the different surgical thigh lift procedures.
Who Is a Candidate for a Thigh Lift?
You may be a good candidate for a thigh lift if you:
- Have loose saggy skin resulting from aging or weight loss;
- Have issues moving or walking without discomfort due to your thighs;
- Have excess skin rubbing together;
- Would like your thighs to look more aesthetically pleasing;
- Are close to your target weight;
- Are in good overall health;
- Do not smoke.
What Are the Benefits of a Thigh Lift?
Before we delve into the costs associated with a thigh lift let’s talk about some of the benefits. Some individuals who have lost a significantly large amount of weight may have issues walking or even wearing clothing and others just are self-conscious about how they look in shorts. If you are wondering if a thigh lift is worth it, consider some of the benefits of thigh lift surgery including:
- Greater ease in walking, running, or performing a daily routine;
- Aesthetics. Tighter skin, smoother contours, more defined thighs;
- Clothing fits better;
- Can eliminate chafing problems, skin rashes, and potential infection within skin folds;
- Boosts self-confidence.
For the individual who is now able to walk with ease or play with their children because of a thigh lift or now has the self-confidence to wear shorts in a social setting, A thigh lift is worth the cost!
Choosing A Surgeon For A Thigh Lift
While researching information about thigh lifts, it is most important to find and choose a reputable, highly-skilled, board-certified cosmetic surgeon. Your choice of surgeon is going to directly affect your results so it is not wise to choose the surgeon based on the cheapest thigh lift cost. Ask questions about their specific areas of expertise and experience to ensure you get the best possible results without complications.
If you are interested in a thigh lift or learning more, contact Surgicare Arts, a division of IBI Healthcare Institute, today to set up a consultation. Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple-board certified cosmetic surgeon is one of the leading thigh-lift experts in the United States. SurgiCare Arts offers “all-inclusive” pricing so there are never any undesirable surprises.
Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple-board certified cosmetic surgeon, and Christopher Ibikunle, MD, FACS, offer thigh lifts for men and women in Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Buckhead, and the surrounding areas of Atlanta, Georgia, and Tampa, Florida.