In recent years, the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) has gained immense popularity as a surgical procedure to enhance the shape and contour of the buttocks. This innovative technique not only allows individuals to achieve a more prominent and shapely rear end but also utilizes their own fat to create natural-looking results. In this article, we will talk about the basics of BBL surgery, an overview of the procedure, the benefits, and how long the results of a Brazilian butt lift can last.
Understanding BBL Surgery
The Brazilian Butt Lift is a two-step procedure that involves liposuction to harvest fat from areas on the body that contain excess fat deposits, typically the abdomen, thighs, or hips, and then transferring that fat to the buttocks. The harvested fat is purified through a special process and carefully injected into specific areas of the buttocks to achieve the desired shape and volume.
BBL surgery offers a customizable approach, and the surgeon can sculpt the buttocks according to the patient’s preferences and aesthetic goals.
Benefits of BBL Surgery
- Unlike synthetic implants, the BBL uses the patient’s own fat to augment the buttocks, resulting in a more natural look and feel and fewer associated complications;
- The BBL provides the added advantage of body contouring through liposuction. It allows for fat reduction in unwanted areas while enhancing the buttocks, creating a more proportionate and attractive figure;
- BBL surgery is highly customizable, and the surgeon can tailor the procedure to meet the patient’s individual goals. They can sculpt and shape the buttocks according to the patient’s desired size, fullness, and symmetry;
- BBL is considered a minimally invasive procedure that offers a quicker recovery time compared to traditional surgical buttock augmentation methods.
How Long Do BBL Results Last?
While a BBL can provide impressive outcomes, it’s important to have realistic expectations and be aware of the factors that can influence how long the results of your BBL will last.
Factors That Can Affect Your BBL Results
- Individual Physiology
- Every person’s body responds differently to surgical procedures. Factors such as skin elasticity, fat distribution, and healing capabilities can influence BBL results. While some individuals may experience long-lasting outcomes, others may require touch-up procedures to maintain their desired aesthetic.
- Natural Fat Absorption
- During a BBL, fat is harvested from other areas of the body and transferred to the buttocks. It’s crucial to keep in mind that over time, the body will naturally reabsorbed some of the transferred fat. Typically, the first few months after surgery involve some degree of fat absorption, but after this period, the remaining fat cells tend to be more stable.
The survival rate of the transferred fat cells is crucial in determining the longevity of the outcome. On average, patients can expect to retain 60–80% of the transferred fat after the initial absorption period. The remaining fat cells can establish a long-term presence in the buttocks, leading to sustainable results.
- Losing Or Gaining A Significant Amount of Weight
- Changes in weight can affect the distribution of fat cells in the body, potentially diminishing the impact of the procedure. It is important to adopt a healthy lifestyle and maintain a stable weight to optimize the longevity of the BBL results.
- Natural Aging Process
- The natural aging process affects the body over time, and the buttocks are no exception. As we age, the skin loses some of its elasticity, and the underlying tissues may begin to sag. While a BBL can provide long-lasting improvements, it cannot completely halt the aging process. However, a healthy lifestyle and proper skin care can help slow down the effects of aging.
How Can I Maintain The Results Of My Brazilian Butt Lift For A Long Time?
If you are considering BBL surgery, it is important to know and understand what you can do to ensure you get the most out of your Brazilian butt lift surgery in the long term. Although individual experiences may vary, there are certain steps you can take to maximize the longevity of your BBL results:
- Make sure you follow all post-operative instructions to aid in the healing process and optimize your results. Take care to keep pressure off the newly grafted fat cells until they are established. Your surgeon will provide you with strategies to follow so you can minimize the risks of complications, which can produce unexpected or less desirable results;
- Maintain a stable weight, as fluctuations in weight can affect the transferred fat cells or any other fat cells in your body, potentially impacting your body contours and the results of a BBL.
The fat cells that were removed during the liposuction procedure will not grow back; however, the transferred fat cells as well as fat cells in other areas can enlarge in response to weight gain. This can compromise the results of your BBL and promote weight gain in unexpected areas. Adhering to a stable weight through a balanced diet and regular exercise can help preserve the desired buttock shape and volume;
- Engage in regular exercise to help burn calories and maintain a healthy weight. Incorporating the buttock muscles into your fitness routine can help maintain muscle tone and enhance the overall appearance of the buttocks. You can consult with a fitness professional to develop a tailored exercise plan;
- Make choices that promote a healthy lifestyle for the long term and can positively impact the longevity of BBL results. A balanced diet, exercise, adequate hydration, proper sleep, and avoiding smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can help preserve the results of the procedure.
A Brazilian butt lift (BBL) can provide you with enhanced buttock shape and volume. While how long BBL results last varies from person to person, there are steps you can take to ensure you get the best results from your surgery and that you can maintain the aesthetic integrity of your BBL for a long time.
While individual experiences may vary, BBL results can typically last for several years. By following post-operative instructions, maintaining a stable weight, engaging in regular exercise, and adopting a healthy lifestyle, you can optimize the longevity of your BBL results.
Choose A Highly Qualified Expert For A Brazilian Buttlift That Lasts
BBL surgery involves transferring fat from one area of the body to the buttocks. This procedure carries certain risks, such as fat embolism, asymmetry, and contour irregularities. It is important that the injections are done precisely and in the correct areas, utilizing proper safety protocols, to minimize complications and ensure a successful outcome.
It is essential to choose a qualified professional like Dr. Angelina Postoev, a triple board-certified cosmetic surgeon with expertise in BBL surgery. Her surgical precision and artistic eye can enhance the shape and volume of your buttocks and deliver aesthetically pleasing results that have the perfect sense of symmetry, balance, and proportion.
Contact SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics today and get the answers to all your BBL surgery questions and concerns. We would love to talk with you during a consultation and partner with you to help you realize your aesthetic dreams.