Facial Fat Transfer® in Atlanta, GA
Varies TYPE OF PROCEDURE
Minimally Invasive Procedure WHERE
About Facial Fat Transfer
- Areas that can be treated with Facial Fat Transfer®
- Before and After Facial Fat Transfer®
- What Are the Benefits of Facial Fat Transfer®?
- What Should I Expect from My Facial Fat Transfer® Treatments?
- How Long Do the Results Last?
- Side Effects of Facial Fat Transfer®
- Fat Transfer Recovery
- How Much Does Fat Transfer® Cost in Atlanta, GA?
What is Fat Transfer®?
Facial fat transfer also is known as fat grafting, is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that can be described as taking fat from a part of your body, such as abdomen, hips, stomach, or thighs, and injecting it into the face to restore the lost volume around the face, such as the eyes, cheeks, and jawline. There is a non-surgical alternative to fat transfer that involves using hyaluronic acid fillers Voluma, Juvederm, and Restylane instead of fat cells. Most of them are synthetic and don’t give permanent results that you would like to maintain (longer than 6 months).
Areas that can be treated with Facial Fat Transfer®:
- Nasolabial folds: between the nose and the lips
- Marionette lines: between the lips and chin
- Flattened cheeks
- Sagging jaw
- Fat transfer under the eyes
- Fat transfer into the lips
Facial Fat Transfer BEFORE AND AFTERMove your cursor to the right and to the left to see the before & after
What Are the Benefits of Facial Fat Transfer®?Fat transfer on the face is a modern solution for adding volume to your face and making it look younger. The great thing about fat transfer on the face is that it’s multi-targeting. By transferring unwanted fat tissue from a part of your body, the face gets a rejuvenated look. It additionally gives more natural and permanent results. In other words, fat transfer on the face has the following benefits:
- Volume restoration
- Wrinkle reduction
- Long-lasting result
- Natural-looking appearance
- No chemicals or prosthetic device
- Fewer risks and side effects
What Should I Expect from My Facial Fat Transfer® Treatments?Facial fat transfer does require surgery to harvest fat cells from the abdomen or thighs, and later on to inject them into the face. Below is an overview of the procedure that takes two to four hours, depending on the size of the area to be treated.
- Liposuction techniques (traditional liposuction or Vaser liposuction) are used to source fat tissue from specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, hips, stomach, or thighs. This surgery procedure is performed through tiny incisions. You will have a fast recovery period, almost no scarring.
- The fat is gently prepared for injection to lines or hollows of the face to recontour it.
- The surgeon will restore the fat to the balance of fat cells that didn’t survive.
How Long Do the Results Last?
The facial fat transfer makes you look several years younger at the very least. Facial fat transfer treatment results stay permanently. Already in a few days after surgery, patients will see the results. However, some of the fat cells will not survive, the final result only appears in 6 or more months.
Side Effects of Facial Fat Transfer®Overall, facial fat transfer is a very safe procedure. However, the occasional side effects of facial fat transfer might include:
- Small scars
Fat Transfer RecoveryEach patient has a different recovery time, but most of Atlanta facial fat transfer patients take 7-10 days off work and social activities. The healing process takes a couple of weeks to gradually get better results.
How Much Does Fat Transfer® Cost in Atlanta, GA?
The cost of fat transfers varies by patient based on several factors. During your initial consultation, our team will discuss the cost of your procedure and share information about our flexible financing options.
Schedule Your Fat Transfer® Consultation Today!
With a single minimally invasive procedure, you can use your own fat to enhance your face. The procedure is preferred by patients who want an alternative to implants and dermal fillers. Enhancing your contours and reducing the signs of aging has never been easier thanks to the advanced fat transfer procedures at SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics. Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple board-certified plastic surgeon, and Christopher Ibikunle, MD, FACS, offer fat transfer treatments for men and women in Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, and the surrounding areas of Georgia. To learn more about fat transfers, contact us today to schedule a personal consultation.