When the jaw and neck are not well defined, it can make a person appear older than they actually are. Loose skin, deposits of excess fat, and muscle bands under the chin and on the neck can give away your age despite a youthful-looking face.
If you have been avoiding your favorite clothing and photo opportunities during celebrations, nights out on the town, or other activities because you are self-conscious about your sagging-looking neck, you have options.
The advancements in cosmetic procedures have brought us a variety of transformative neck tightening and smoothing procedures that can restore your self-esteem and have you posting selfies in no time.
Today we are going to tell you about alternatives to traditional neck lift surgery that can correct mild to moderate cosmetic imperfections that detract from your natural beauty. These mini neck lift procedures offer excellent results when administered by a qualified and skilled cosmetic surgeon.
What Is The Difference Between A Neck Lift And A Mini Neck Lift?
A traditional neck lift is sometimes done together with a facelift for optimal results, but a stand-alone neck lift is most often performed to reduce the signs of aging in the neck region and may include:
- Eliminating a double chin;
- Removing excess fat from the neck, often called a turkey wattle;
- Smoothing out wrinkles and skin folds on the neck;
- Tightening muscles in the neck to remove visible bands;
- Producing a more defined jaw or chin line.
A neck lift will generally tighten the neck muscles, remove unwanted fat deposits, and eliminate any loose skin, resulting in a smoother, more toned, and more contoured chin, jawline, and neck.
A mini neck lift is a non-invasive or minimally invasive procedure (or a combination of procedures) that removes localized pockets of fat and tightens areas of mildly loose skin. Fine lines, wrinkles, and crepey skin can also be addressed during a mini neck lift.
Who Is A Good Candidate For A Mini Neck Lift?
The ideal candidates for mini-neck lifts are in good health and have remained at a healthy weight for at least six months. They have moderately elastic skin, a double chin, or mild to moderate sagging neck skin.
Any individual who is experiencing jowl formation, minor sagging, and a bit of skin laxity could benefit from a mini neck lift. However, if these conditions are severe, a full neck lift would be necessary for correction.
Patients who smoke need to abstain for at least three weeks prior to surgery, as smoking interferes with the body’s natural healing process.
Mini Neck Lift Procedures
- 1. Liposuction
- VASER liposuction can effectively target and remove even the smallest areas of excess fat, which makes it perfect to use during a mini neck lift. The fat pad that lies just under the chin can create excess fullness that translates into a double chin, or excess fat can begin to accumulate along the jawline, removing definition.
During VASER lipo, the surgeon will inject a mixture of saline and topical anesthetics under the skin where the fat is to be removed. This will help loosen the unwanted fat and numb the treatment area. Next, a very small incision is made and used to insert a small, thin tool called a cannula, which will collect the loose fat cells, similar to a vacuum. VASER lipo uses ultrasound energy to vibrate the fat cells lose without damaging the surrounding tissues, which helps mitigate bruising and shorten the recovery time.
- 2. FaceTite
- The FaceTite procedure uses radio frequency to liquefy fat, tighten and tone the outer layers of skin, and prompt the repair and production of the underlying collagen and elastin layers. FaceTite can be used to eliminate a double chin or create a more defined jawline, which can be especially helpful when the cosmetic surgeon is looking to create a more masculine profile.
The procedure begins with the surgeon injecting a numbing solution under the skin. Next, a very tiny pin-prick incision is created, and a thin metal probe is inserted under the skin. Directly above this probe, there is an electrode that will pass over the skin’s surface at the same time the metal probe is being used to heat the tissue under the skin using radiofrequency energy.
The combination of this target technology results in tighter, more toned skin that gradually rejuvenates itself from the inside out. Some benefits of the procedure can be seen immediately, while others will happen over the next few months.
- 3. Morpheus8
- Combining the advantages of microneedling and radiofrequency, Morpheus8 can address a multitude of issues that can make our necks look unattractive. This minimally invasive treatment can fast-track our bodies into making new collagen and elastin while minimizing large pores, wrinkles, lines, skin discoloration, damage from sun exposure, and tightening areas of mildly loose skin.
The radiofrequency energy penetrates deep within the skin layers to tighten and provide a more even texture, while the tiny microneedles create minuscule injuries that the body’s natural healing process will rush to attend to. The collagen and elastin under the skin’s surface will restructure and rejuvenate, providing a smoother foundation for the newly toned skin. Morpheus8 smooths out and tones the neck area, leaving it looking refreshed and more youthful.
- 4. Evoke
- Evoke utilizes heat from radiofrequency (RF) to remodel the tissue in the targeted areas by penetrating into the deeper layers of the epidermis. It refreshes and rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by redistributing underlying fat and tightening the surface skin.
When used as a part of a mini neck lift, it significantly reduces the outward signs of aging and addresses loose or saggy skin, resulting in tighter skin and a younger-looking neck. Evoke is also an effective, non-invasive method for providing clearer definition between the jawline and the neck.
- The procedure is done in the office of the cosmetic surgeon, and most patients find it very relaxing. They can recline and rest or read a magazine during the 20- to 30-minute procedure. The patient puts on a headpiece that is equipped with soft contact pads, which are placed over the areas targeted for treatment. Radiofrequency is transmitted through these pads, which are designed to produce even results without treating one area too much or too little.
- 5. Evolve Tite
- Evolve Tite: This non-invasive body contouring procedure produces ideal skin tightening results on the neck. The subdermal layer of the skin is treated using energy from radiofrequency, which helps eliminate pockets of excess fat and stimulates the production of collagen. The new collagen that gradually forms helps to provide a smoother, more even-textured foundation for toned skin. Hands-free applicators are placed on the treatment area, and the patients just relax while Evolve Tite works to tighten the skin in the treatment area.
- 6. Kybella
- When used as part of a mini neck lift, Kybella can effectively eliminate a double chin. The injection is composed of deoxycholic acid, which is a substance that is naturally found in our bodies. This injection breaks down and permanently eliminates the unwanted fat that accumulates under the chin on the neck and causes that “bullfrog” look of fullness or a double chin. This fat is eventually flushed out by the body’s natural lymphatic process.
Although a traditional neck lift is still the gold standard for eliminating excess sagging skin, many improvements can be made using non-surgical, minimally invasive cosmetic procedures. Depending on the extent of cosmetic improvements desired, non-surgical procedures can help reduce the visible signs of aging and provide definition and contour, giving your neck a more youthful look.
What Are The Benefits Of Non-Invasive Mini Neck Lift Procedures?
Non-surgical cosmetic mini neck lift procedures offer many benefits, including:
- Shorter recovery times;
- Non-surgical procedures do not cost as much as surgery;
- These procedures can usually be completed in a very short amount of time;
- Avoid the risks of surgery, including general anesthesia, large incisions, infection, etc.
Look Your Youthful Best Without Surgery
Looking your best helps you feel more confident, which then radiates outwardly. With access to all these non-invasive mini neck lift procedures, there is no reason to go one more minute hiding behind scarves or ducking out of photos! Set up a consultation today with SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics to find out more about these non-invasive mini neck lift procedures as well as other non-surgical treatments that can enhance your natural beauty.
Dr. Angelina Postoev, a triple-board certified cosmetic surgeon, offers both non-surgical mini-neck lift procedures and traditional neck lift surgery. She and the expert team of professionals at SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics can help address your cosmetic concerns, regardless of how big or small they are.
Contact SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics today to share your aesthetic wishes with us so we can help make them come true.