Breast Implant Removal in Atlanta, GA
Varies TYPE OF PROCEDURE
At SurgiCare Arts & Aesthetics, Angelina Postoev, MD, FACS, a triple board-certified cosmetic surgeon, and Christopher Ibikunle, MD, FACS, offer breast implant removal for women in Atlanta, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, and the surrounding areas of Georgia.
- What Happens During Breast Implant Removal Consultation?
- What Are the Benefits of Breast Implant Removal?
- What Should I Expect from My Breast Implant Removal Treatments?
- What Results Should I Expect?
- Breast Implant Removal Recovery
- Side Effects of Breast Implant Removal
- How Much Does Breast Implant Removal Cost in Atlanta, GA?
What is Breast Implant Removal?
Breast implant removal, also referred to as explant surgery, is a surgical procedure for removing breast implants and extracting silicone material in case the implant leaked inside the breast capsule. Usually, breast implant removal procedure is performed because of hardening, causing pain or irritation from the scar after implant placement. Therefore, the breast implant needs to be replaced or removed every 10-20 years and checked regularly with MRI to avoid complications, such as leakage and/or rupture.
⇒Read more about breast implants in AtlantaTo learn more about breast implant removal that is right for you, contact us to schedule an in-person consultation.
What Happens During Breast Implant Removal Consultation?You will meet with Dr. Angelina Postoev to review your medical history, previous breast implants procedures, and factors that may affect your outcomes, such as medical conditions, allergies, alcohol or tobacco use, and current medications or supplements being taken. You can discuss breast implant removal surgery that is right for you and set reasonable goals.
What Are the Benefits of Breast Implant Removal?Many women every year decide to remove their breast implants due to various reasons. The most common of them include:
- reducing pain in your shoulders, back, and neck;
- eliminating fear of rupture;
- preventing future breast implant replacements.
What Should I Expect from My Breast Implant Removal Treatments?Breast implant removal surgery will take approximately one to two hours. During this time, Dr. Angelina Postoev will provide pain control and management. Here is the way the procedure will be performed:
- Local or general anesthesia will be done. Dr. Angelina will recommend which one is best for you.
- An incision will be made above or below the areola along the lower fold of your breast (the inframammary fold).
- Breast capsules and implants will be removed using a combination of techniques.
- Closing of the incisions will be performed.