VASER Liposuction in Atlanta, GA
Varies TYPE OF PROCEDURE
Stubborn bulgy areas of unwanted fat are stopping you from having the body contour you have been working to achieve. Is there anything you can do to get rid of unwanted pockets of fat? Yes! Now getting the perfect figure is possible with VASER liposuction.
Traditional liposuction was developed around 1975 and has undergone many improvements since that time. The instruments used to perform the procedure have gotten smaller and thinner and the techniques have advanced significantly.
This cosmetic procedure is done to remove fat deposits from under an individual’s skin. Since lipo has been around for so long, most people are familiar with the basics, but what is VASER lipo?
What is VASER Liposuction?
VASER liposuction is a new word in cosmetic surgery and the most gentle surgical technique for eliminating local fat deposits. This technology allows for the careful removal of fat cells from the unwanted places of accumulation and, if desired, transfer them to another area.
The acronym VASER stands for vibration amplification of sound energy at resonance. This is a fancy way to say that this technique of fat removal uses ultrasound waves to loosen the fat cells before they are removed.
What Are The Key Differences Between VASER And Laser Liposuction?
The main difference between the procedures is that traditional Laser liposuction uses very focused thermal energy to destroy fat cells. Since a laser focuses on one point, it has a higher risk of burns or causing damage to the surrounding tissues.
VASER lipo emits energy evenly so it liquefies fat cells gentler and more efficiently than laser, which may allow the removal of more fat cells compared to laser lipo.
Advantages of VASER lipo over laser lipo:
- Targets only fat cells and does not harm nearby tissues minimizing bleeding and bruising.
- Eliminates excess fat and effectively sculpts areas with the added bonus of skin tightening.
What Areas Can Be Treated With VASER Lipo?
VASER lipo allows the surgeon to sculpt even small and very sensitive areas: chin, pubic area, etc. However, the most popular areas for VASER liposuction are:
- Flanks or sides;
- Male chest;
- Jowls, neck, chin.
Who Is A Good Candidate For VASER Lipo?
Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure and cosmetic surgeons are limited to the amount of fat that can be removed during one procedure. Ideal candidates for VASER lipo should:
- Be close to or at their ideal weight;
- Have specific areas to target that have been unresponsive to diet and exercise;
- Not smoke or use tobacco;
- Have good muscle tone;
- Have skin with good elasticity;
- Be in good health and not have any current medical conditions that may impede their healing process;
- Have realistic expectations of the results of liposuction.
The Pros And Cons of VASER Liposuction
Liposuction can be performed using different techniques and what makes VASER different from other techniques is the way the fat cells are loosened before they are removed.
The high-frequency ultrasound used with VASER shakes the fat cells loose using vibration without damaging other surrounding tissue. Other pros and cons are listed below.
Pros Of VASER Lipo
- Minimally invasive;
- The cannula is not moved around to break up fat cells, they are safely shaken loose with no damage to nearby tissue;
- Out-patient procedure so patients are discharged to recover at home the same day;
- Minimizes pain, bruising, and bleeding;
- Can strategically target even the smallest of areas;
- Removes fat while creating natural-looking contours;
- Shorter and easier Recovery;
- Minimal, if any scarring;
- VASER removes fat while tightening the skin at the same time and promotes new collagen growth;
- Lower risk of developing aesthetic complications (formation of dimples, bumps, and uneven skin);
- Reduced risk of infection.
Cons Of VASER Lipo
- Does not work well for fibrous tissues;
- Can take longer to complete the procedure;
- Cannot remove a massive amount of fat at one time;
- Swelling after the procedure can mask the results for several weeks or months.
What Should I Expect From The Procedure?
- During the procedure, local anesthesia and a special numbing saline solution are injected under the skin to ease discomfort;
- The surgeon will make small incisions to be used to insert the cannulas;
- The cells are shaken loose from the nearby tissue using the VASER ultrasound energy;
- The loosened fat cells are vacuumed out and eliminated.
What Is The Recovery From VASER Liposuction?
After VASER procedure patients may experience bruising, swelling, and tenderness.
The pain after VASER lipo is normally considered mild to moderate but most patients agree that the recovery from VASER lipo is less painful and faster than traditional one.
The downtime after having VASER Lipo is significantly shorter than after other forms of liposuction. Most patients are advised to take at least a few days off work after their VASER procedure as long as their work does not require heavy physical activity.
Patients must wear special compression garments for 4 to 6 weeks after undergoing VASER liposuction. These help to minimize swelling and help the new contours become permanent.
Patients are given activity limitations to aid in their recovery but usually, after about six weeks they can resume all their normal activities.
How Long Will It Take For Swelling To Go Down After VASER?
Every patient is different and some may experience longer residual swelling. Wearing compression garments as directed will be instrumental in helping to mitigate the swelling. Most patients will see a substantial improvement in swelling after about two or three months but It can take some patients six months to a year before all the residual swelling is eliminated.
How Long Does It Take For The Results To Show?
One of the most common side effects after any liposuction procedure is swelling. This is a natural part of the body’s healing process and the final results of the procedure can not be clearly seen until all the swelling is gone.
After VASER lipo, some results are visible after about 6 to 8 weeks for most patients. However, in some cases, it can take 3 to 6 months before the final results are visible.
What Is VASER Liposuction 360?
While a standard VASER lipo treatment removes fat permanently from a targeted area, like the abdomen or hips, 360 VASER liposuction targets several stubborn deposits of excess fat around the circumference of the midsection and removes it all in one session. VASER lipo 360 targets the upper abdomen, lower abdomen, lower back, and flanks.
How much does VASER liposuction cost?
The cost of the VASER procedure varies by patient based on several factors. The average cost according to Real Self is about $6,700. Since several areas of the body are targeted during the same session the cost of VASER liposuction 360 will be significantly higher with an average starting price of $9,600.
During your initial consultation, our team will discuss the VASER Liposuction cost in Atlanta for your specific procedure. We will be happy to also share information about financing options.
VASER lipo uses a gentle and more controlled technique to remove fat cells during the procedure and requires the skill and experience of a board-certified qualified cosmetic surgeon for optimal results. Dr. Angelina at Surgicare Arts & Aesthetics is a triple-board certified cosmetic surgeon with vast expertise in VASER liposuction. Set up a consultation today to learn more about this more gentle approach to fat removal and if it may be right for you.